Jewel aquarium.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkbait54

Aquarium Advice Addict
Really like the look of the Jewel aquariums is it possiblw to buy them in the united states? If do where?

Not much help, but my last tank i got was a Juwel Rio 240 in white, by far the best I have owned. Stunning, stand easy to assemble and really good built in filter and lights - totally recommended.

Not many people like this site but eBay sell brand new ones. Not sure if they ship them to America .

Sorry man, was meant to include that I was from the UK. I would be astounded if they didn't sell in the US as they are probably one of the biggest aquarium sellers in Europe. Try a search under Juwel - not Jewel

Borderlesscott said:
Sorry man, was meant to include that I was from the UK. I would be astounded if they didn't sell in the US as they are probably one of the biggest aquarium sellers in Europe. Try a search under Juwel - not Jewel

Haha ya that might help

Borderlesscott said:

Yeah I'm from uk and ebay sell brand new ones.

Nope. They don't sell them here. Something about no meeting certain specifications. However, I've bought one and am setting it up now. I just really like the design an uniqueness of it. The serious downside is lighting. Juwel uses a propriatary design on them, it would seem, and the normal length bulbs here in the US aren't the right length. I had to line up replacements from a German dealer on them.

Trendy is spendy, but the tank is cool enough I can live with it.

Nope. They don't sell them here. Something about no meeting certain specifications. However, I've bought one and am setting it up now. I just really like the design an uniqueness of it. The serious downside is lighting. Juwel uses a propriatary design on them, it would seem, and the normal length bulbs here in the US aren't the right length. I had to line up replacements from a German dealer on them.

Trendy is spendy, but the tank is cool enough I can live with it.

What model did you go for?

What model did you go for?

I bought mine from a local guy here in the States. Not sure what style it is although it's a 75 gallon, flatback hexagon style, with the T-8 lighting.

I think the original owners manual is in the box of stuff in the garage. I'll go look later, as it might be on there. Either way, it's a very unique design that you don't see here. I didn't know it until after I had gotten it home, but he had all of the original stuff and the stand built exactly for it's shape.

Back
Top Bottom