Jiffy pots aquarium safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lagoonlyrics

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My pH is generally around 7.8 and I was looking to try and lower it a bit with peat moss. I just realized that I have some Jiffy pots laying around. These are seedling pots made from formed and compacted peat moss and wood pulp. As far as I can tell they do not include fertilizer. Anyone know if I crushed a few and put them in a filter bag if they would be aquarium safe?

My pH is generally around 7.8 and I was looking to try and lower it a bit with peat moss. I just realized that I have some Jiffy pots laying around. These are seedling pots made from formed and compacted peat moss and wood pulp. As far as I can tell they do not include fertilizer. Anyone know if I crushed a few and put them in a filter bag if they would be aquarium safe?

You could also try doing part Tap/part Distilled or R/O when you do a water change.

No idea on the pots, sorry.

You could also try doing part Tap/part Distilled or R/O when you do a water change.

No idea on the pots, sorry.

Yeah, I know of that option but peat moss appeals to me as an easier option than having to buy water regularly. I'm going to go with peat moss either way, it would just be nice to save $5 from buying a bag of moss.:brows:

Back
Top Bottom