Julii leapard catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultratonic1

Aquarium Advice Regular
I couldn't resist getting one of these guys but I need some feedback on if this is too much for a 10 gallon. Here's my rundown:

1 guppy
1 silver lyretail mollie
3 sunburst platties

and the catfish

too much? I really hope not.

Good to know. I fear adding anymore fish to the tank because I don't want to overload it. I think I'm in violation of the inch of fish per gallon rule as it is.

A couple more cories would be fine but the molly really should be in a larger tank.

Yeah, I agree with RoK, the Mollies need a different tank. I'm not sure about the size, but my Mollies were quite ill until I put them in brackish water when I first got them. Once I put them in water with some sea salt, they bounced back and were happy as can be, started playing and having fun again.

I've heard the formula is 1/2 tablespoon of sea or aquarium salt per gallon. I have 1 male and 2 females in a 20 gallon tank, I put in 8 tablespoons of sea salt and they seem quite pleased with it, so that was good enough. Every fourth water change I add 2 tbsp.

Sorry to get off topic. ;)

lucky for me, this molly is actually pertty happy but I do wish i had a bigger tank for him. I'll get the other cories as well. I was worried since they appear to be very full bodies and I read that full bodied fish produce a great deal of waste that can foul the water.

Back
Top Bottom