Just a funny thing I heard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duckdog

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was talking to my dad about diy stuff like co2 and injection, power heads and different ideas from him as he is a millwright he retired a few yrs back he is now 80 and his final answer to my questions and the last question being do you think the powerhead is diffusing most of the co2 bubbles and his answer
"I remember having a 10 gal tank with some goldfish and a air pump into this square filter and watching the bubbles was neat, things are way more complicated now, is it still fun to watch?"

It just made me think how often do we really sit and enjoy the aquarium untouched as in not playing with stuff or adjusting things, testing etc

It was just on my mind and I thought I would share it

Many doctors have noted over the years that the fish tanks in the lobby have a natural calming effect on patients. I know I'm prone to just watching my fish from time to time and it does have a relaxing effect.

And of course my wife has noticed she can't talk to me while standing near the fish tanks anymore, because I'll end up staring at the fish. :D

I love watching my guys as well its just funny from all the question on "how do I" including myself we all play with are tanks alot just curious if some of us thats all we do? I love both working on it and watching :)

i do fuss with my tank alot, i'll just sit and watch it sometimes but them there will be something that bothers me about it (like decorations, plants etc) and i'll begin to mess with it a bit, usually.

....I just stare at my tank all the time...lol then I end up feeding them and watching them eat and get fat....then I cut them off cuz they're too fat...

I'm from that generation of: Set it and forget it. So I completely understand what he is getting at. Imagine what it is like to have something done one way for years and then suddenly finding out that folks have: Jet engines for filters, fire extinguishers injecting noxious poison into the tank, live plants and this wild thing called "Biological filtering"?

I'm still amazed at it all. Though it is a little more complicated that the old ways, I none the less can sit back and watch my tanks all day if could.

I have a habit of watching my fish each day. I do not mess around to much with the tanks. I only mess with the tanks on saturdays. For testing water changes etc. There is something about fish that calms your nerves and maybe even gets you to thinking more deeply. Enjoy your fish as much as you can. To much messing around in the tank and you never accually see the great fun the fish have. You also will see things that you never noticed before. TTFN :p

as wrong as some people might think it is i once in a while enjoy " endulging " myself in " herbal essenses " and just kicking back throwing on some bob marley and relaxing in from of the aquariums.. maybe in my past life iwas rasta?? 8)

I sit and watch my fish constantly, I find them fascinating. I don't mess with the tanks too much but I do it occasionally. :D

Back
Top Bottom