just a question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thomas tinaldo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i have a tiger oscar and for the first 2 monthes i was feeding him live fish. He was growing really well. But i was told that live feeder fish were not good. So i changed to a live feeder food alternative. And he has stopped growing.. Can anyone tell me how to help him grow again?.... And also how can you tell if they are male or frmale?

OSCARS
This is a link about oscars talks about sexing them Breeding them etc....

How big is the Oscar currently...i think once they hit a certain size the growth rate can slow down.....also what size tank do you have it in.....too small of a tank can impact the growth as well

He is about 3.5-4in. He was 2in when i bought it. and I just put it into a 75 gallon tank about a week ago.

Like huizheng1988 said the live foods tend to be very fatty for aquarium fish....that could explain the quick growth.....i'd stick with the pellets and leave the live foods as more of a treat from time to time.

But Oscars tend to grow about an inch or so a month and slow down when they get to about 10 ish inches...

Glad to see you have it in a decent size tank as well!!!

Thank yall wo much. It is nice to have other people to talk to about this stuff. I have no one to talk to about it for a change instead of me just searching the internet all the time.

Thank yall wo much. It is nice to have other people to talk to about this stuff. I have no one to talk to about it for a change instead of me just searching the internet all the time.

i hear you. we're on the same boat because my GF isn't into fish either. i almost begged her when she went to california to get me some free manzanita branches

there is no way in hell I'd be able to talk my wife into going out of town to go get me something for my fish tanks.... it was hard enough convincing her to letting me buy the 75 gallon tank for my two tiger oscars. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom