Just a small question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ch-b

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am about to have my first 80 gallon freshwater tank and it's gonna be hosting some easy plants but the question is :s I am worried about chlorine in using the tap water...and other chemicals stuff that comes in the water..so please help

You could use seachem prime or seachem stability. Those really helped with my tank.

I am about to have my first 80 gallon freshwater tank and it's gonna be hosting some easy plants but the question is :s I am worried about chlorine in using the tap water...and other chemicals stuff that comes in the water..so please help

Just a regular dechlorinator will be fine. Prime is ok. You can get the from your local fish store.

Are you aware of the need to cycle your tank. This is very important and if you don't we can help you.

Stability helped with my tank cycle also. It's suppose to be beneficial bacteria. I had my tank cycled in about 1 1/2 week to 2 weeks. Ever since I used it my fish have become more happy. From what I see.

I was losing fish because I didn't know about cycling and ever since I used stability haven't lost any.

I'm using Nutrafin Aqua+, but it's really less optimal than prime. I hear that Prime contains a kind of "buffer" for ammonia that keep it untoxic for 1-2 days, so it can help while fish-in cycle.

I'm using Nutrafin Aqua+, but it's really less optimal than prime. I hear that Prime contains a kind of "buffer" for ammonia that keep it untoxic for 1-2 days, so it can help while fish-in cycle.

Yeh I mean for use as an emergency ammonia nitrite or nitrate detoxifier it's a good product. But for continual use as just a dechlor then me personally I would skip it and buy one that just does that.

Yeh I mean for use as an emergency ammonia nitrite or nitrate detoxifier it's a good product. But for continual use as just a dechlor then me personally I would skip it and buy one that just does that.

Prime is also extremely cost effective.
2 drops per gallon.
And many cities add Chloramine. Some dechlorinators ONLY affect Chlorine and not the newer Chloramines.

And for large tanks Seachem Safe is even cheaper as it's powdered/concentrated Prime. All my club uses Prime or Safe. It's the best for us cost wise and a great product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prime is also extremely cost effective.
2 drops per gallon.
And many cities add Chloramine. Some dechlorinators ONLY affect Chlorine and not the newer Chloramines.

And for large tanks Seachem Safe is even cheaper as it's powdered/concentrated Prime. All my club uses Prime or Safe. It's the best for us cost wise and a great product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

In addition to this, Prime has the benefit of detoxing heavy metals that are common in water sources. A basic dechlorination product does not offer this benefit nor does it temporarily detox ammonia, nitrite or nitrate.

There is also Pond Prime to consider as well as Safe- same cost per bottle as regular Prime with the same benefits but even more highly concentrated.

Back
Top Bottom