Just added 4" Anubias now what??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RaptorBro

Aquarium Advice Activist
I added the plant to my 10 gal tank its gravel and i made sure the bottom where it seperates is above gravel what now...
What do i feed it??? lol

what kind of light do you have on your tank? depending on your light, you probably won't need to do anything but watch it grow :D

anubias will do better off attached to driftwood or rocks, but can be planted in substrate if you keep the rhizome above the gravel. the rhizome is the part that all the leaves attach to that runs horizontally.

That was the hard part the plant is tiny and roots are small i did the best that i could with keeping the Rhizome above gravel. Its my first plants i have two cfls in the hood idk the exact wattage or anything i was gunna go with ferns but they looked dead.. I have a few pictures ill post up and what will happen if they start to die will my water become toxic???

no, but you should really know the wattage and color scale of your light to be successful. too little and the plants won't do well, wrong color scale and they will not be able to absorb enough light. too much light may warrant a need for CO2 or other fertilization. your water will not become toxic if they start to die, and you can always bring them back. if they completely dead and rotting, just throw them out, but you should be able to save them before that point.

Anubias don't really respond to co2. In reality they are terrestrial plants but they have such slow metabolisms they just end up growing anyways in the water. They live so slowly they almost need no adjustment to aquatic existence.

Crepe thats good for me lol heres some pictures

Attachments

• IMG00258.jpg
    IMG00258.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG00259.jpg
    IMG00259.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG00260.jpg
    IMG00260.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 45
Back