Just an update on everything

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattS99

Aquarium Advice Regular
I joined this site a while back, sometime in late 2017 but was never really active, so I guess this is kind of a reintroduction of sorts, haha. I want to be more present on here from now on. But anyway, this has been a pretty rough stretch for me in my fishkeeping career.

My 20 long was doing great until a bit after Christmas. My beloved GBR Melvin contracted a parasite that killed him. The parasite was from a peacock gudgeon that my dad introduced to the tank by surprise with no QT and no acclimation process and was from a chain store. I waited a few weeks, then purchased a DG from a seemingly reliable source, then he just dropped dead one day after displaying symptoms of DGIV. More recently, some kind of virus attacked my tank and killed 3 of my 7 glowlight tetras, leaving me with 4. My platy also died from old age. The tank has seemingly settled and I am planning to start restocking soon. I currently have the 4 glowlights and 5 Colombian tetras who have remained unphased by everything.

My betta has been fine and he's just chilling in his little slice of the world.

As I said earlier, I will be more active on here, so prepare yourselves :)

Welcome back Matt. As Tetras go, Columbians are about as bulletproof as they come. One of my favorites.

I joined this site a while back, sometime in late 2017 but was never really active, so I guess this is kind of a reintroduction of sorts, haha. I want to be more present on here from now on. But anyway, this has been a pretty rough stretch for me in my fishkeeping career.

My 20 long was doing great until a bit after Christmas. My beloved GBR Melvin contracted a parasite that killed him. The parasite was from a peacock gudgeon that my dad introduced to the tank by surprise with no QT and no acclimation process and was from a chain store. I waited a few weeks, then purchased a DG from a seemingly reliable source, then he just dropped dead one day after displaying symptoms of DGIV. More recently, some kind of virus attacked my tank and killed 3 of my 7 glowlight tetras, leaving me with 4. My platy also died from old age. The tank has seemingly settled and I am planning to start restocking soon. I currently have the 4 glowlights and 5 Colombian tetras who have remained unphased by everything.

My betta has been fine and he's just chilling in his little slice of the world.

As I said earlier, I will be more active on here, so prepare yourselves :)
Welcome back. We all learn from each other. Another brain in fish keeping always helps. Lol

Back
Top Bottom