Just Bloated? (Photos)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HollieDahhrlinn

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey,
My DG is alittle bloated i think, i fed her afew bloodworm in garlic juice last night
as i have heard that this is something fish cant resist - she doesnt normally bloat from this??
She is bloated this morning i think.
She i still growing and i'm aware that DG have that little kinda drop behind their chin and this is normal.
Just their shape.

I needed a second opinion,
Thanks x

Imge no 2 - you can see a slight 'bulge' on her side, this is what its like all the way underneath.

img_1060006_0_bfe998c6a1a27d846e44def63a1b527a.jpg

img_1060006_1_eba61012f67e4896becb9498da749c78.jpg

img_1060006_2_27e259332c4ce14e40b0b0ef1d831e1b.jpg

One of my tiger barbs do that after freeze-dried bloodworms and stays like that for a couple of hours(after a little while I thought that one was pregnant!! :D )

Hmmm, maybe she really liked the garlic and ate a lot more than usual?
I am not really sure about the difference, but when I give mine the freeze-dried ones, they bloat more, ESPECIALLY my BGK, and he is not even the same fish.
I will get some pics later today when I feed mine okay? I am at work right now, and don't get off for another 1/2 hour, and then I don't feed them till about 4pm tonight, (it is 530am where I am right now).
But I will take pics and post them for you.

Thanks, yeah that would be great, Dont go out of your way though.

Thanks to everyone for posting - you were all right, its cool now she's not as rounded anymore, yeah she only normally has like 2 bloodworms, she had like 5 maybe even 6 last night - the garlic must have just been irrasistable for her hahaa.

Thanks again, looking forward to the pics.

Sorry the pic isn't bigger....
But yeah, that's my fat one, and there is nothing wrong with him, and he breathes faster than the other one too. He is my mean one, Gimli.

Gimli is cute!
So i havent had any troubles with my female. I did have a m and a f in the tank but the m was attacking my platy's before they died from a disease they got from the LPS.
My female is lovely to my other fish. ilher so much x

Aww I'm Sorry To Hear That.
Evilameba - if you dont want to then its fine - would it be rude to ask for pictures if you could? If not then its fine.

All the best - hope you caught it in time :)

if it has dropsy its scales will stick out likea pinecone.. i only have crappy picture takers sorry! i have afrog and put a pic for id but no one could tell what it was b/c of the crappy quality

Back
Top Bottom