just bought 2 german rams!!!!!!! now with pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
is that the only way? that sucks lol oh well and thank you for answering. how big roughly would u guesstimate they have to be?

"They" say also that the males first three dorsal spines will be longer than the rest and the females will stay short, but my female's are also long. And the females will have blue dots in the black spot on the side of the body. Not including her tail, my female is nearly two inches long. And I was just recently positive she is a she.

*All the more reason to read the German Blue Ram thread that touches on this*

Actually, the male's front dorsal fin rays are much longer than the female's, which forms a spike. Though like Meredith mentions, the female may have a long ray as well. Another sign is the dorsal fin of the male also has a pointed shape near the caudal fin, where the female's is more rounded. Females are smaller and have a reddish tinge on their pelvic regions, especially when getting ready to spawn. Also, the black spot on the side of the female blue ram may have irridescent blue spangles throughout, and the male's tends to be solid black.

This can usually be noticed immediately. Even more so after a couple of months.

ok that is better i think i can figure it our now. but if u can tell from the pictures i have provided that would be great :) and just for u j chillen i will go read that thread i will be up untill like 1 doin it but i will. thanks again for your help

Back
Top Bottom