Just bought a 55g tank and was wondering what fish are good and small and live lomg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tdukes22

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm trying to start up my 55g an have my 14g tank and was wondering what fish are good. I have three tetras three danios and two Micky mouse fish and was wondering what fish are good and would I be able to put a Betta fish with them and some other semi- aggressive fish?

Welcome to AA!

What Kind of danios and tetras Do you have? I would make their schools to at least 6-8, 10 preferably.

What kind of fish do you like to be put in there?

I wouldnt put a betta in a community, They are best kept alone, but it really depends on the personality of it. With the danios and Tetras (Depends on the tetra) would nip at your bettas fin which is not good for your betta.

Tyler

I wouldn't put a betta in there as their fins are to much of a temptation for fish to nip on. Depending on the tetras you have if you want semi aggressive fish you could get tiger barbs but you'll need a group 6+ and they will play/ fight amongst themselves. A more aggresive tetra species is the arrows this is a beautiful fish and will look good in any tank. My next buy will be a pack of t barbs I'd go with them as they are great fish to watch.

tyspot1000 said:
Welcome to AA!

What Kind of danios and tetras Do you have? I would make their schools to at least 6-8, 10 preferably.

What kind of fish do you like to be put in there?

I wouldnt put a betta in a community, They are best kept alone, but it really depends on the personality of it. With the danios and Tetras (Depends on the tetra) would nip at your bettas fin which is not good for your betta.

Tyler

Yea I read up on the Betta I might buy one n put it in my 14g n I have these numbers

2 skirt tetras
1 red wag platy
6 zebra danios
3 long fin red minor tetra
2 Mickey mouse fish

Tdukes22 said:
Yea I read up on the Betta I might buy one n put it in my 14g n I have these numbers

2 skirt tetras
1 red wag platy
6 zebra danios
3 long fin red minor tetra
2 Mickey mouse fish

Thank u so much n from the list how many more fish do u think I can fit

How about:
6-10 Black skirt tetra (Gymnocorymbus sp.)
6-10 Red Minor tetra (Hyphessobrycon callistus)
6-10 Zebra danio (Danio rerio)
4-5 Platy (Xiphophorus maculatus)
6-8 peppered Corycatfish? (Corydoras paleatus)
1 bolivian ram? (Microgeophagus altispinosa)

Is that something that you would like?

I also got a question, Do you happen to know what gender platy you have? Since they are livebearers and are prolific breeders, You could have babies every few weeks. If you dont want any babies, I would advise to only have one gender (Female)

Also, As far as the bolivian ram in the stocking, They do need a well established tank (3-4 months after cycle) to thrive in the tank.

Tyler

tyspot1000 said:
How about:
6-10 Black skirt tetra (Gymnocorymbus sp.)
6-10 Red Minor tetra (Hyphessobrycon callistus)
6-10 Zebra danio (Danio rerio)
4-5 Platy (Xiphophorus maculatus)
6-8 peppered Corycatfish? (Corydoras paleatus)
1 bolivian ram? (Microgeophagus altispinosa)

Is that something that you would like?

I also got a question, Do you happen to know what gender platy you have? Since they are livebearers and are prolific breeders, You could have babies every few weeks. If you dont want any babies, I would advise to only have one gender (Female)

Also, As far as the bolivian ram in the stocking, They do need a well established tank (3-4 months after cycle) to thrive in the tank.

Tyler

That sounds great thank u but um where do u get rams from cuz where I live I didnt happen to run into any and I wouldn't min babies from the platy but I might go with what u said and I dont have a clue of the sex of the platy

img_1196768_0_bf9905fd8f12f7109d9da94e43702613.jpg

Heres a pic on how to sex your platies.

Have you tried to find some on aquabid?

Tyler

tyspot1000 said:
Heres a pic on how to sex your platies.

Have you tried to find some on aquabid?

Tyler

What's that never heard of it ( and thank u 4 the pic )

I believe you have to register to do that ;)

Note, Please dont talk text talk as some people on here could be from another foreign country and not know much english ;)

Tyler

tyspot1000 said:
I believe you have to register to do that ;)

Note, Please dont talk text talk as some people on here could be from another foreign country and not know much english ;)

Tyler

Okkie dookie and when someone buys him how do I send him off

Tdukes22 said:
Okkie dookie and when someone buys him how do I send him off

Also how do I buy things from there because it's kind of confusing

Back
Top Bottom