just bought new master testing kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
both! You need to get your ammonia to 0.25 ppm or less...

You might have to do another pwc in the AM, and then test again and do another PWC in the PM.

Should I check it now n what does pwc mean again I forgot

I would check it again tonight if you have time. If ammonia or nitrite is above 0.25, do another 50% PWC tonight.

its at 1 or .5 its hard to tell is that better or still like bad bad

Better, but still not good. My advice: another 50% pwc tonight. Test again in the morning.

ok well i did the 50% pwc and now its deff at .50 so what should i do now??? and i really do appreciate your help

Just have to keep doing these PWC until it's below 0.25. Do another 50% tonight and test in the morning. Make sure when you compare the test tube to the chart, look at the tube in a very well lit room, or against a window. Sometimes when you have the tube against a darker surface, the solution in the tube will look a bit darker and make you think you have some ammonia. Not saying you don't have ammonia, but make sure you check the test tube in a very bright light.

Better, but still not okay if you have fish in the tank. ANY amount of Ammonia is toxic. Do another 50% water change asap.

Smh like why is it still that way like should I do a 80% water change n call it a day

Back
Top Bottom