just bought new master testing kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tdukes22

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok i just bought a new master testing kit and read the instructions to test the ammonia but for some reason it didn't change colors. can someone please help me

Are you meaning no color showed up at all, like clear, or the water stayed yellow after adding drop (Thats a good sign, no ammonia).?

The colors match to good readings, no ammonia, no nitrite, and low levels of Nitrate (maybe less than 5).
That doesn't mean that the tank is cycled, I don't know or remember exactly where are you with your tank in terms of cycling.

Also, if you read the instructions , you should be able to read the results with the color chart no?

Are you confuse with the color chart?

I'm kind of confused about the colors and it's about two months old I say n I read it but was a Lil confused lol

Ok like what colors r bad and what colors r good n from there I should b fine

you want zero ammonia and nitrites and you want to try to stay under 20 nitrates. match those numbers up to the color chart as you are testing.

first of all which master kit did you buy? is it API? The new API kit comes with 2 ammonia bottles. Make sure you're using them both. You also need to shake the second bottle for about 30 seconds before putting the drops in the tube. And then you need to shake the test tube for about 45 seconds after adding drops from the second ammonia bottle and wait a minute to read the results.

Yea thats the one and I will deff post the readings when I get home from the office

ok these were my readings

nitrite:0ppm
nitrate:0ppm
ammonia: either 4 or 8 really can't tell
ph:6

So you used ammonia bottle # 1 and bottle # 2 together right? And you got a reading of 4 or 8? That's pretty bad. You need to do a 70% water change ASAP. Then test for ammonia the next day and if any ammonia is still present, do another 50% water change. Keep doing water changes until ammonia is below 0.25

ok well i did the water change so should i check it when i wake up or should i wait till later in the day (i get up around 5:45 am)

Back
Top Bottom