Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-08-2003, 11:15 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to shawmutt
Just checking...normal behavior?

Well, my yellow labs are still doing ok. I just wanted to check on their behavior. It seems one has declared himself king of the tank and will chase all the others around. I have been looking real close at their fins and I can see no damage--it this behavior normal or will this guy cause more trouble as he gets larger?

Old 09-08-2003, 12:03 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Give him a little crown and a red velvet robe, he should be content then

Old 09-08-2003, 01:46 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to Punkymom
LOL. He sounds like quite the happy little bugger. As long as there's enough room for all of them to claim a piece of water (I guess that's what you'd call it) they should be fine. Also as long as they have a refuge to go to if mr king fish desides he's had enough of all the worthless commoners if you KWIM LOL.
Old 09-08-2003, 03:53 PM   #4

I never kept yellow labs, but I have kept other african Cichlids, yes its normal. He may well continue to do it, and if one fish show the slightest sign of weakness, watch out. My exp with africans is that they need a ton of room, or somebody is gonna die!

I got sick to death of moving the decor (didn't work) taking out the aggro one (next in line took his place) remove the target fish, (he picked the next weakest one). This was nearly 20 years ago, but I tried 3-4 different species of Malawi or Tanganykas, and had more frustration than enjoyment.

Kept peaceful fish ever since. Sorry, JME.

Tags
behavior

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com