Just curious.. Could I add a betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hennaartist

Aquarium Advice Freak
In my 55 gallon I have a butterfly fish, two ropefish (10"&11"), 3 small black and white angels, and 2 Bolivian rams.

In my 20 gallon Long I have 4 glo tetras and 3 crazy tetras.

Could I add a betta to either of these tanks? (I ask cause my 7 year old really wants a betta).

Defenetely not in the 55 with the ABF

in the 20 gallon, if it is a 20 long maybe, I have one in my 55 community tank, and he has been there for about 6 months

Thanks, I had already told her I didn't think we could, but agreed to consult the forum lol.

We won't be adding a betta.

I think you could try it in the 20g. But I am not sure what a crazy tetra is. Also tetras are schooling fish and they should have at least 6 in a school per type. Also make sure you have a back up plan in case you get an aggressive boy. There is no way to tell ahead of time.

In my 55 I have skirt tetras, angelfish, danios, even barbs, an my CT betta has been doing great
Again, it's in a 55, you could try, but be prepared for planB

I think you could try it in the 20g. But I am not sure what a crazy tetra is. Also tetras are schooling fish and they should have at least 6 in a school per type. Also make sure you have a back up plan in case you get an aggressive boy. There is no way to tell ahead of time.

Glo tetras are basically skirt tetras. Weird thing is, they school with my xray tetras. Not normal, but they do.

In my 55 I have skirt tetras, angelfish, danios, even barbs, an my CT betta has been doing great
Again, it's in a 55, you could try, but be prepared for planB

Probably because it's in a larger tank. Sometimes there are flukes in the general stocking rules, but I wouldn't suggest everyone go out to try it.

Yea, it is a smaller tank that's my catch, that's why I mean, by all means try it, just be prepared for a plan B

Back
Top Bottom