Just double checking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarred Darque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
But a 5 gallon would be WAY to small for 2 or 3 German Blue Rams huh? (1 male, rest female) even planted?

yes, incredibly small

two adults add up to 3"+ each alone.

GBRs should have 20 gal at least

OK I have me in a 10 right now, along with abristlenose pleco and some amano shrimp. PLanted tank. was just checkin to see if I could switch out my 5 and 10 so I could do the 10 as my saltwater nano instead, will stick with how it is though

Still too small??

If the GBR's are say 3'' each, the plec is, 4" say.

so that fit's the 1in/Gal rule, but then there's the shrimp...

It's a planted tank, and if you've got a fine filter, I'd say you're fine as you are...

But then again I hate to go against hc's word, I'm not nearly as experienced.

And also I am sort of guilty of the occasional overstock, never to my fish health's disadvantage though.

edit: not to mention pleco bio-loads tend to be higher then avg fish if i'm not mistaken. I'd certainly say you're pushing it.

2 GBR to a 10 gallon is fine, but having the pleco in there is pushing it.

you might be thinking of the slightly larger bolivian's HC. a pair of GBR's will not outgrow a 10 gallon, not to say they won't benefit from a larger tank like most fish.

at the moment it would be fine, but as the pleco gets bigger (assuming its common) it will definantly get too big for a 10. if its another type it should be fine.

for the rams the 10's probably fine, but 5 is definantly too small. plus the inch per gallon rule has its glitches. besides the neon vs oscar one, theres the "altitude" that the fish is normally in. adding 15 cories to a 20 gallon tank would be worse than adding 8 danios and 8 cories. (this would work if their not all added at the same time)

2 GBR's will do well in a 10G if it's a pair. If not a pair, they might fuss a bit at each other. But usually no harm is done. 3 is ok as well, but there will be sume pushing around if you get 2 that pairs up. And as for other fish, you could add a very small pleco with them (a variety that gets to 3 inches max), or a couple otos, or snails. But that's it for a 10G.

Agree with LWB.

And, a 10 gallon tank is very cheap so I would buy another. If you don't want to invest in a 10 gal. I advise to stay away from the nano all together.

Not trying to sound rude, just realize that a saltwater tank will probably cost you more than you think for startup.

Back
Top Bottom