Just found Panda Cory babies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tonight, just after feeding time, my son and I were watching the fish eat. I noticed a tiny panda cory come out from under a small plastic grass thing we have.(y) Then I saw a second one.:dance: I only saw two so I'm assuming there are a few more. They are a little over 1/4in long. does anyone know anything about them? I know nothing about the babies, and yes I am doing some research right now, but I like to her about people's experiences too. Thanks. I'm also extremely tired.

I know nothing about them but would very much like pics :)

Awww how exciting i have one baby panda that surprised me. I havnt been doing anything different than what i do normaly before i knew he was in there. Hes been growing well. Just keep up the water changes and keep everything stable and they should be fine. I feed my corys vege waffers as well and a variety of what the other fish get fed the baby just eats the same as the adults and finds all the small bits.

Thanks everyone! They are not for sale, I will probably just put them in my other tank. It has tons of room. I guess this means they are happy and healthy. I'll try to get a picture up but they really love to hide.

Congrats! You've done what I'm in the process of trying. Mine aren't quite mature enough yet. You must have some very happy pandas. If you don't mine me asking, how many adults and how old are they?

A week ago I found two tiny baby platies in my tank. I didn't even know one of the adults was pregnant. (None of them looked pregnant to me.) The babies are good at hiding because they've survived so far. Their orange colors are just starting to show.

I have 8 adults. I never bothered to try and sex the so I don't know my m:f ratio. I don't know the age of the adults but they are probable close to a year old. I bought them as adults on Mother's Day this year. From what I was told by the guy who owns the shop I get ten from the more of then you have the more likely they are to spawn. He used to breed fish for a long time but now he just hand picks them. I trust this place so much it's resiculous. The owner has never steered me wrong or tries to sell me song thing just to sell something.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 198
The picture is a little smoothed. Sorry. But this is one baby with and adult in the background.

skiweeangel said:
The picture is a little smoothed. Sorry. But this is one baby with and adult in the background.

Those are some cute fish. Planning on getting 5 for my community tank. Help me pick up all the uneaten bloodworms my discus leave.

Back
Top Bottom