Just got 2 more serpaes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RoK

Aquarium Advice Addict
So glad I got more serpae tetras, they look so awesome all 4 of them swimming together. I want to take pics but don't have a digital camera or anything. :|
I saw some penguin tetras at a lfs and wanted to take home ALL of them. There were only about 7 though. Main problem is I'm on a budget since I don't have a job right now. :?

Congrads on your serpae's. My girlfriend has some of them in one of her tanks. They are nice looking fish.
You're right about being on a budget tho. I work at a power plant as thier computer person for the time being (untill I return to college in the fall). I make $9.00 an hour. I went to a lfs this past weekend to buy a group of rummy nose tetras. I hadn't been in the lfs for a few months, but evidently either they are getting greedy or else are in need of more money (or both). Needless to say I walked out of there with no fish unlike I had planned on doing. Their prices are horrible! I almost passed out when I saw their prices! They wanted a lousy $4.99 for ONE rummy nose and they weren't that big, and didn't even look to be top notch! They also wanted $10.99 for clown plecos and neon blue dwarf gouramis! I couldn't believe it.. They also had dyed fish there, and I did manage to get a word in with the owner about it before I left. Needless to say I wasn't a happy camper.

Yeah, I have noticed some prices going up recently. I got my new serpaes for $3 each, although at a different store they had somewhat nicer looking ones and they were $3.59 each. So for 2 of them it was either about $6 for nice ones or about $7.20 for a little bit nicer ones, decided to just go with the cheaper ones. I'm happy about getting them anyway so it doesn't bother me at all. :) The penguin tetras were also $3 each and if I were to get all (which was 6-8) that would end up being too much, as I don't have too much to spend.

Back
Top Bottom