just got a 125 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeybadger2038

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im thinking about getting some fresh water eels but what else you think i should get. I like tropical fish

honeybadger2038 said:
Im thinking about getting some fresh water eels but what else you think i should get. I like tropical fish

A peacock eel is your best bet IMO
I really don't know much about tankmates for them though

My friend keeps his peacock with his bala sharks, but you can't keep more than one adult bala shark in a 125, from what he's told me. But don't take my word on that.

Just be wary, while they're young the eels are really shy, and you'll almost never see him until a few months later when he gets comfy, after that you can get really close to them. Pet them, hand feed them, they're such a joy.

I think any fish marked as "peaceful" will do. Nothing that's nippy. Nothing that's too territorial. I have rainbowfish stuck in my head something serious because that's what I'm adding to my 125, but I'm sure that would work, too. I'm not very familiar about other types of medium-sized fish, haven't come across it other than my own case.

Following the thread, I'm interested to see what people will come up with.

Back
Top Bottom