Just got a used eclipse 6 for free!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sdimatties

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am in the process of cleaning all of it as it hasn't been used in almost a year. It came with three rocks but they have green on them. How can I safely clean them to use them? I'm hoping it will be ready in a few weeks, maybe sooner if I grab some stuff from my 20 high. So excited!!!

That's awesome!!!!

Soak the rocks in peroxide to kill any algae. Or in diluted bleach, but you have to use a serious dechlor soak afterward

Thanks! I will be sure to do that! Only bad thing I've found so far is the filter is leaking and I can't find any info on how to take it apart or how to fix it, but it was free so I can't be too disappointed.

The integrated filter tends to leak in a ton of places. It could have been designed a lot better. I had an eclipse 3 and the filter just leaked like crazy. The flow of water was too high for the capacity of the wet/dry, even with clean mechanical filtration. I couldn't adjust the flow so I just dumped the hood. Waste of $150.

I just threw it away after fiddling with it for an hour. I went to Walmart last night and got a tetra whisper 2-10. At least it's internal and I can keep the lid. The light is brighter in this tank so I might move my sword so it will be happier.

Back
Top Bottom