Just Got My First Ram!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My GBR is so pretty, shes gotten alot of blue in her tail now too and it is no longer "bite marked" if you will! Shes so perfect!

Very pretty girl! She is so much more vibrant than mine and I love the darker colors. Funny how much they can change colors over a few days - mine was very dark, with almost angelfish-like stripes at first, then lightened up and now you can only see the black on his top fin. I wish he were a bit darker like yours!

Attachments

• blue ram 002.jpg
    blue ram 002.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 77
Very pretty girl! She is so much more vibrant than mine and I love the darker colors. Funny how much they can change colors over a few days - mine was very dark, with almost angelfish-like stripes at first, then lightened up and now you can only see the black on his top fin. I wish he were a bit darker like yours!
yours is way more colourful than mine!

You think so? I do like him very much, but I also like how your girl's color has more contrast. More depth to her coloring.

Do her colors change depending on the lighting? If mine swims near the top of the water, getting close to the light, his blue spots turn purple.

You think so? I do like him very much, but I also like how your girl's color has more contrast. More depth to her coloring. Do her colors change depending on the lighting? If mine swims near the top of the water, getting close to the light, his blue spots turn purple.
not really, she only reflects more so it makes her a little brighter haha!

So once i get rid of the platy fry my stock will be 2 platies, a DG and a ram in my 20 GH! im wondering if theirs any mid level fish i could or should add, i was thinking a school of tetras? any ideas fishy folk!?

so my ram is going great and all, but i was just wondering why mine has dark stripes (vertical)? anyone like to chime in?

so my ram is going great and all, but i was just wondering why mine has dark stripes (vertical)? anyone like to chime in?

I found them too darken their stripes when their stressed but also early in the morning. As long as there isn't a horizontal line, it's fine.

I found them too darken their stripes when their stressed but also early in the morning. As long as there isn't a horizontal line, it's fine.
What would a horizontal line indicate, and yes it seems as the day starts she has darker lines, and after feedings they lighten to almost nothing!

Freckles, your ram looks like a cross between a german blue & a gold ram.

36993-albums8518-picture32706.jpg

36993-albums8518-picture32678.jpg

here's a couple pics of my rams. both male. both 3+ inches long. 2+ years old.

Here's a pic of my newly free swimming gold ram fry

Attachments

• image-422205863.jpg
    image-422205863.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 68
So, my mom hinted at getting me a tank 40+ gallons for Christmas (does happy dance). So basically my questions is what could I have as tank mates (stock will be 1 ram, 1 DG, 2 platies.) Thanks for all and any input :)

Back
Top Bottom