just got my new aquarium light: now a question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raimeiken

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got the triple fixture allglass aquarium light. It came with 3x32watts but i want 3x40watts. I know you can put 40watt blubs in these fixtures. Heres the thing, i can put the old 40watt bulb from my old fixture, and then i got like more 40watt bulbs in my garage, but don't know if i can put them in the fixture. They're a different brand, they're not GE like the 1 40 watt i got.

It says on the bulb "F40CW cool white, made in USA"

both the GE and the other 40watts i got look the same except for the brand and all. :? :? not sure if i can put it in the fixture, help me out here man!

oh crap, i'm like answering ym own questions here. I just figured out that the 40watt blubs can't be put in the fixture i bought. :x anyway, the highest wattage i found for a T8 blub is 36watts. I'll be buying those in the future.

Don't sweat it. The ballast is more than likely only going to drive each bulb to 32 watts no matter what the bulb says. And T8 32 watt bulbs are actually a very good choice. They are much more efficient than T12 bulbs and put out close to the same amount of light the watt rating not withstanding.

so the 36watt bulbs i found aren't worth it? it says:

ARCADIA 7500k PLANT BULB

High light poutput promotes plant growth. Output peaks in the green area of the color spectrum to promote photosynthesis. One of Europe's best selling bulbs.

$14 for a 48" 36 watts T-8

Read my FAQ.

The bulbs that come in the All-Glass strips are IMHO the best bulb you can get for plant growth.

Back
Top Bottom