Just had to share him.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NigelK8485

Aquarium Advice Addict
Since nobody I know enjoys fish like I do, I have to share my recently acquired fish here. One of my dream fish to own, he went into the main tank yesterday and started eating today.

Ignore the plants, the severum decided to partially uproot one and the sword in the back is basically just for him to nibble on.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421323113.535997.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421323123.097794.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421323133.694814.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421323171.466271.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Looks like an Acarichthys heckelii. I think they need to be in a group of at least 3. They are awesome fish!

Looks like an Acarichthys heckelii. I think they need to be in a group of at least 3. They are awesome fish!

Really? I was told he'd be fine alone from a few people with them due to conspecific aggression which apparently becomes a huge issue later on.

I'm not 100% on that. I had 3 a long time ago.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice!!! Love your bichir!! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421331854.605406.jpg
Here's mine

40 gallon
1x leopard ctenopoma
1x albino bichir
1x tiger pleco
With live plants in the tank

75 gallon native tank
5 pumpkin seed sunfish
1 red crayfish
1 spotted bass

Nice!!! Love your bichir!! View attachment 261136
Here's mine

40 gallon
1x leopard ctenopoma
1x albino bichir
1x tiger pleco

75 gallon native tank
5 pumpkin seed sunfish
1 red crayfish
1 spotted bass

Nice man. Yeah, she just kind of came snaking into the pictures at the scent of food. I love the albino, that's what I had ordered but I'm not sure what she is. Silver head, black eyes, orange/yellow body. Maybe she'll start gaining some more color soon though.

Nice man. Yeah, she just kind of came snaking into the pictures at the scent of food. I love the albino, that's what I had ordered but I'm not sure what she is. Silver head, black eyes, orange/yellow body. Maybe she'll start gaining some more color soon though.

Unfortunately you have the regular senegalus plotypures... Still a great fish and sure you will love him

40 gallon
1x leopard ctenopoma
1x albino bichir
1x tiger pleco

75 gallon native tank
5 pumpkin seed sunfish
1 red crayfish
1 spotted bass

Beautiful fish!

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha you're all good. He's in a six foot tank, but he seems to be doing pretty well. I'm going to change up the scape in the next month or so and make sure I include some rock caves for him. He seems a little lost around all the wood and plants.

Back
Top Bottom