Just purchased two golden wonder killifish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liambiggs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I just added two golden wonder killifish to my 45 gallon tank with 6 black skirt tetra and one mustard pleco was just wondering if there's any suggestions on fish I could get that the killifish won't devour later in their lives?

Ah the only reason I used such wording was because when I purchased the killies I also bought 6 neon tetra. I didn't have reception in the fish store so I couldn't look up the killies and the store owner said they'd be fine together. When I got them in the tank the killies were brutal to the neon tetra and I had to bring them back.

You can add larger tetras that can hold their own. Cory cats, dwarf gouramis, large female sword tails / mollys-fry food supply-Very small cichlids such as rams or kribs just to name a few. The trick is, unless the fish is significantly larger, keep additions to fish that don't inhabit the top of the water column. Anything that is smaller and moves fast becomes a target or just target practice.

Back
Top Bottom