Just wanting an opinion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
scooter2210 said:
Thanks for that. I have used a green scourer (the ones without a sponge) in my HOB filter. I boiled it up first. I used that to help seed the canister. I couldn't think of anything else to use as there is only about a half inch of space behind the filters own bio cartridge.

Oh yeah, I know the ones. Boiling it was a good idea! Might try that myself :)

Hi everyone. I was kinda tagging along here and seen what mumma posted about pot scrubbies. Maybe you all already know but almost all shower and bath scrubbies are made of 100% polyester and are safe to use as bio-media. This is what I've been using for years. I think theres more surface area for bb colonization plus their easier to swish gunk out once in awhile when they jam up.
Just thought I'd share. Nice to meet you all and good luck with your goldfish. Ttfn

Cichlid Kid said:
Hi everyone. I was kinda tagging along here and seen what mumma posted about pot scrubbies. Maybe you all already know but almost all shower and bath scrubbies are made of 100% polyester and are safe to use as bio-media. This is what I've been using for years. I think theres more surface area for bb colonization plus their easier to swish gunk out once in awhile when they jam up.
Just thought I'd share. Nice to meet you all and good luck with your goldfish. Ttfn

Thanks for sharing. I thought the same thing but am open to all suggestions.

Hey guys. Just thought I would update on what's happening with my fish. Well I must be doing something right cause now they are spawning.
I have taken out the plants with eggs and put them in a spare tub. Water is about 6 inches deep and I will be buying a sponge filter and new air pump tomorrow. I don't know exactly what to do from here so any suggestions would be great.

Back
Top Bottom