Just wondering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grannysneo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've noticed on a lot of your threads that you recommend prime conditioner over stress coat . Any particular reason . I know that our Walmart doesn't sell it but does sell stress coat .

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424171612.811796.jpg

Prime is decently priced, reliable, effective, and includes a slim coat.

I learned from this forum when I first started in aquarium keeping and "everyone" was using it. I followed the herd. Never had a problem with it.

Keeping my sleeves wet...

~ Sent via Carrier Goldfish

Its cheap, very concentrated, very effective, and goes a long way. With that in mind, theres really no other reason to use a different one.

Stress coat kinda high but does the same and Walmart carries it .... Wonder why Walmart doesn't have prime. . I've seen it at pet stores but it's extremely expensive by the time I walk thru the dog, bird, and reptile departments to get to the fish ... Lol

Water Treatment

I've noticed on a lot of your threads that you recommend prime conditioner over stress coat . Any particular reason . I know that our Walmart doesn't sell it but does sell stress coat .

Hello Gran...

Actually, the best water treatment is Seachem's "Safe". The dry product is more cost effective and has a much longer shelf life. Just an opinion, however.

B

Stress coat kinda high but does the same and Walmart carries it .... Wonder why Walmart doesn't have prime. . I've seen it at pet stores but it's extremely expensive by the time I walk thru the dog, bird, and reptile departments to get to the fish ... Lol

Wal mart isn't made for pets. They have a dechlorinator and in their mind that's good enough for them. Why stock multiple brands of something when it's not a big seller.

Back
Top Bottom