Juwel Aquarium-Question!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lynx99

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all I'm just wondering about this that I've read in the instruction manual of the Juwel Rekord 800:

"The use of additional air stones or air lines is not necessary with the JUWEL Aquariums. If an air stone is used, this should always be placed in the middle of the aquarium. Capillary leaks resulting from the use of these items will not be accepted as a fault with the aquarium."

I have an Eheim air pump that I'd like to put in the tank. But this seems to be saying not to or the glass will crack?? Or am I being a tad over cautious/paranoid...

:fish2::hide:

That's really really... strange. The only bad effect I can see an air pump having on a fresh water fish tank is if it's feeding into the filter. Other than that it won't bother anything.

I know right? Maybe they are just saying that in case you put in some mental vibrating nuclear powered pump that cracks the glass to bits!!!! Or maybe the tank can't take it, which is as you say really strange...

Anyone have a Juwel Rekord and use an air pump? Or is it as they say, not necessary? I'm confused by that in the instruction manual!

I have another question about the Juwel, this time about the filter.

Does anyone use the Nitrax green sponge? It's supposed to remove nitrites/nitrates. Just wondering if it does what it says on the tin? Also would this sponge stall a cycle?

Back
Top Bottom