Keep the fish and flush the kids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patryuji

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well I had the kids over today and while I was doing some maintenance they knocked over my bucket.

Inside this particular bucket was the tiger loach. I was doing a 50% water change and decided to re-arrange my decor as the driftwood was ready to go in. This movement really had the tiger loach going ballistic and attacking any and all it could (the angel had no room to escape with only 1/2 the normal water level).

4 gallons goes splash, 25watt heater shatters, and one of my fellow renters (renting a house) has his limited edition printings stored right under my room...looking at possibly $100-$500 per each piece of art. The tiger was trampled by my little girl...DOA (the fish).

...so instead of spending my evening reading a book to the kids and finishing my 3-stage amplifier circuit for school I enjoyed mopping, sopping, drying towels, and trying to explain to my housemate how I'll have to make monthly payments to him if he finds any water damage. I guess renter's insurance would be handy to have right about now. Atleast they missed splashing the computer I had JUST finished building by a few inches.

I guess I now have room for a replacement fish...the tiger loach was very nice and active (well downright mean really) but I don't think I'll get anther tiger.

[center:9aee21b203]8O 8O 8O [/center:9aee21b203]
[center:9aee21b203]I hope there is no water damage to your housemate's printings. Maybe you can relax next Friday :roll:[/center:9aee21b203]

Sounds more like you were trying to flush the neighbor! :twisted:

Does he not have renters insurance either?

The kids kicked the bucket? LOL Ack! That could be read a couple of ways ;)

I don't remember when this was but once I posted about one of my 3-yr-old twins with a tack hammer, maybe she was 2 at the time, but anyway I lost a 10-gal (knocks on tank that it was not the 55...) so I feel your pain!

My husband and I look at each other sometimes and say, "we had kids becaaauuuse.......?"

I lost my 10 gallon tank when the seal broke on the bottom. 10 gallons of water on the floor and a there's bridal store below my apartment! Hopefully the floor and what's in between will soak up the water--I know mine did, thankfully.

Do yourself a favor and get renters insurance, especially with fishtanks. I don't know what insurance company you have, but I got $25,000 insurance from allstate, which includes accident insurance and water damage, for about $90 a year.

Sorry to hear about your loss--good luck with your future fish!

I also vote flush the kids..lol
I came home one day to find my little girl(5) and son(7) was dumping a whole can of fish food into our 29gal tank.
Had to empty the tank and clean the thing and set it back up...pain in the @ss.
They just love to help daddy out..lol

Back
Top Bottom