keeping a betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwk5270

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I was thinking about getting a Betta and putting him in his own tank. What's the smallest size tank for a Betta in someone's opinion? Is an undergravel filter enough?

Alot of people use bowls or small tanks i wouldnt do that personally i would do maybe a 2-5g if your keeping your betta alone i have mine in a teng with a couple neon tetras i plan to add more soon

Cool cool. I have a 2.5 gallon tank I might use just for one. Is like to eventually upgrade to a larger like a ten also

That sounds great you can do zebra snails in the 2.5 as well its all up to you, i got one and he's doclie towards my tetras each is different though

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120919_190058.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120919_190058.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 95
Sweet he's neat. My mom just got one and it made me want one. She has him in a tall bowl which I'm not a fan of though...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120919_221103.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120919_221103.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 102
Yah im not a fan of that either my brother has one thats why i got mine his is in a bowl to my dad takes care of it at the moment hes in bootcamp right now so i got but i wanted a community tank though hes my center fish for attraction thats the point though right lol make sure plenty of eater changes in the bowl

vance1013 said:
Yah im not a fan of that either my brother has one thats why i got mine his is in a bowl to my dad takes care of it at the moment hes in bootcamp right now so i got but i wanted a community tank though hes my center fish for attraction thats the point though right lol make sure plenty of eater changes in the bowl

Water changes? To big of fingers lol

Havent started it just yet. I might wet it up tonight. I actually think my mom might get a five gallon for the Betta so I might help her with that

If a betta was in a 2.5 g how often to water change?

Yeah I'd do it pretty often at least once a week. I was gonna use natural looking rocks and maybe some easy to care for low light plants

Back
Top Bottom