Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-01-2018, 05:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Keeping barbs

He I currently have 5 golden barbs and 6 rosy barbs in a 75 gallon with a red tailed shark anyone have any recommendations of fish to get next?

Old 01-01-2018, 05:50 PM   #2
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle567 View Post
He I currently have 5 golden barbs and 6 rosy barbs in a 75 gallon with a red tailed shark anyone have any recommendations of fish to get next?
2-3 more of each, and maybe a small school of Green Tiger Barbs for color contrast? Kuhlii loaches or sidthimunkis for bottom feeders?

I'd be a little wary of that red-tail: they can get aggressive as they get older.

Old 01-02-2018, 03:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barliman View Post
2-3 more of each, and maybe a small school of Green Tiger Barbs for color contrast? Kuhlii loaches or sidthimunkis for bottom feeders?

I'd be a little wary of that red-tail: they can get aggressive as they get older.
Nice one Thanks
Old 01-02-2018, 08:47 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barliman View Post

Yeah my red tail shark is super aggressive. I can't have any other bottom dwellers and when it's feeding time he chases everyone so he gets the best bits. The only fish he won't pick on is my severum, he knows better.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:21 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

we had to get rid of our red tailed black shark as it got very agressive over the whole tank and hurt one of our albino tiger barbs but its fine now ...the only other agressive fish we got is yellow lab but he only aggresive to female one but not all the time the tiger barbs are quite placid considering they supposed to be agressive in less then 6 ...we only got 3 did have 4 until recently
Old 01-02-2018, 12:33 PM   #6

Maybe some albino tiger barbs, they look beautiful in small shoals
Old 01-02-2018, 02:12 PM   #7

You could add 3 Tinfoil barbs. They get pretty big though. for a bottom feeder school you could add 3 clown loaches or some kuhlis.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitekat87 View Post
Yeah my red tail shark is super aggressive. I can't have any other bottom dwellers and when it's feeding time he chases everyone so he gets the best bits. The only fish he won't pick on is my severum, he knows better.
How long have you had yours I've had mine a month and he's currently smaller than everything in the tank so doesn't seem to show any aggression
Old 01-02-2018, 03:08 PM   #9

Thanks all, did your red tail sharks become aggressive with age mine is smaller than all the over fish currently and is displaying no signs of aggression
Old 01-02-2018, 03:35 PM   #10
ZxC
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle567 View Post
Thanks all, did your red tail sharks become aggressive with age mine is smaller than all the over fish currently and is displaying no signs of aggression
I've kept plenty, luckily all have been not too aggressive, they would chase other fish from there "territory" but that is all. They are super messy fish so be ready for siphoning all there mulm out

If it were easy we wouldn't be here
ZxC is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
barb, barbs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com