Keeping tank water temperature down in summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greenmagi.. i had the same thought, why was it so hot in their house? But they said people up north only use their AC for about 2 months out of the year, so they only have like window units, not central heat and air like most southerners do... we couldn't live with out Central Air conditioning! LOL

LOL...
I have lived from Chicago to Kentucky.. this is my north to south area.. It really
depends on the window unit you have. Only 2 months, that really doesnt make sense to
me, I would get a small window unit for the room that has the tank in it, less than 100
bucks around here.. but I still think that AC units are suppose to be maintained at least
once a year, most window units get ran till they die without maintainance..
try cleaning it.. compressed air will usually do a good job.. 4-5 bucks from walmart a can, if
its really dirty get more than one can..

Our air conditioner actually went out last week - we got a band-aid fix (from our landlord's HVAC connection, but that hardly lasted the weekend, so I'm looking to try some cooling methods.

I didn't see an answer to the 'what's the maximum acceptible temperature' question, however, and I'm also curious about this.

When I left this morning, the tank was at 83 degrees (F) - with an expected high today of 90 - so I'm hoping it doesn't get too terribly warm over the next 10 hours until I get home. :|

I'm planning a pwc (with approx. 78 degree water, maybe?) and if need be, maybe some floating ice cubes after that?

I just hope they don't cook while I'm not there and unable to do anything! :cry: :|

Back
Top Bottom