khuli loaches - do they only eat in total darkness??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
My khuli loaches are extremely active in the day when the lights are on.
Draping themselves over plants (like wet clothes on a clothesline), doing figure-8's, chasing their tail, spinning around in circles up and down the glass....

but its funny, I hardly see them eat.
When I feed my fish, all the other fish stop to eat, but my loaches continue to play around (As above) and are not interested in food.
They would rather play around then eat and look for food.

anyone experience this?

Mine come out and chow down at feeding time. If your loaches are active and showing all the signs of a healthy fish, then they must be shy eaters.

Mine go into a frenzy when I drop sinking pellet food in to the tank. Maybe yours are finding enough leftover food on the bottem to graze whenever they feel like it.

talloulou said:
Mine go into a frenzy when I drop sinking pellet food in to the tank. Maybe yours are finding enough leftover food on the bottem to graze whenever they feel like it.

yeah that sounds right...

If I do see them eating - its "in-between" meals or after everyone has finished eating.

Mine eat during the day time - I guess all fish are different though. I certainly wouldn't be worried about them as they sound very active and happy otherwsie.

Back
Top Bottom