khulie loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

urville

Aquarium Advice Freak
bought him and he was fine at the store. took him home floated him 15 mins slowly added my water tot he bag about 1/4 cup every 10 mins after the inital 15 minute float netted hima nd let him go. he immediatly tried to hide. i have a tree ornament with a cave in it, but he would go from the top of the water constatnly trying to hide on or around my poerheads at one point the weirdo was letting his tail end kind of suck to the filter intake and hung out. i left for 20 min or so come back and he's on the substrate breathing a thousand miles a minute. next thing i know he's floating about sideways upside down, i check my wter which was 0 nitrite 30 nitrate and 7.5 ph and 0 ammonia. go and come back 20 mins again and he's having convulsions and dies. everyone else is fine just like they were. i'm stumped.

What are your nitrite levels? And how do your levels compare with those at the stores? Jeff

nitrItes - 0
ammonia - 0
nitrAtes - 30
ph - 7.5
no idea about the store i'm taking him back as i only had him a whole hour maybe... but i'm afraid they may have something or are to sensitive or something... gonna exchange for a weather i think. oh i use a sand substrate if that helps. i am perplexed.

Back
Top Bottom