Kids and fishtanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My daughter, Cadence, has always known me to have fish. She is only 2 1/2, but has always been amazed with watching them. On more than one occasion, she has seen my net out my platy fry to put in my fry tank. I was doing the dishes last week, and she was pulling plastic bowls out if the cabinets. She found the biggest one we have and said "perfect" I thought she was taking it to her room to use with her play kitchen. Five minutes later I heard water sloshing around, and run to her...she has scooped water into her bowl, and trying her hardest to catch a fish. She said she wanted it to "wib in dare" pointing to her room. Well, she has recently become obsessed with shrimp, so I decided to order 5 RCS for a three gallon tank. They should be here on Saturday, and she will have her very own tank in her room...up very very high!! She can't wait!

So i got the 10 gallon I wanted for my son's room, and put some guppies, a lava and apple snail. His room has a starwars theme so I used that for the deco plus the "DumDums" statues (that's how he calls them lol.) He loves it and is doing more and more of the tasks with me. The stand is not finished but we are arranging it to put his light sabres on each side of it. I'll put pictures when it's don :D

Attachments

• image-3628003840.jpg
    image-3628003840.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 71
So i got the 10 gallon I wanted for my son's room, and put some guppies, a lava and apple snail. His room has a starwars theme so I used that for the deco plus the "DumDums" statues (that's how he calls them lol.) He loves it and is doing more and more of the tasks with me. The stand is not finished but we are arranging it to put his light sabres on each side of it. I'll put pictures when it's don :D

Great theme! Deffinatly looking forward to seeing pics of the stand!

So cool!

The little kid in me is coming out, love this tank!!

Thanks :D my son seems to love it too and i can't wait to finish the stand but my boyfriend won't let me use his tools. He's apparently worried about my fingers lol

Back
Top Bottom