Kids got goldfish from a fair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcolon

Aquarium Advice Addict
The family went to one of those carnival fairs with the rides and sure enough, my son spots the ping pong ball in a little vase for a goldfish (common) game:facepalm:.
Just my luck he and my daughter each win one ... except you know no one's going to win in the end ... nothing good can come from this. They sure as H*** weren't going in either of my tanks and I've no intentions of buying another tank. Besides, no practical place to put one anyway.

Naturally, my kids wanted them in separate "tanks", so for now, one is in a 1 GAL tank I use for drip acclimation, the other is in an even smaller container.:nono: Be surprised if they survive the night, much less the week as they've got to be stressed / diseased. Want to guess how many I saw in that nasty tank were swimming inverted?

Anyone care to guess how this is going to turn out? :banghead::facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am betting they live to be about 10 years old and you have to deal with them the entire time :)

I hate seeing those at the carnivals/fairs.... I wish they would stop the whole "win a goldfish" thing. :ermm:

I know you don't want them, but you wouldn't even be willing to buy a ten gallon cheepy one and pull out the "I'm your parent and I say they are going in together" card.

How old are they? Are they old enough to learn how to do pwc themselves? Cuz if so... then make it THEIR responsiblity. :D They will think twice about wining fish if they have to take care of them.

when your not looking they will (secretly) put them in the tank :fish2::angel:

The family went to one of those carnival fairs with the rides and sure enough, my son spots the ping pong ball in a little vase for a goldfish (common) game:facepalm:.
Just my luck he and my daughter each win one ... except you know no one's going to win in the end ... nothing good can come from this. They sure as H*** weren't going in either of my tanks and I've no intentions of buying another tank. Besides, no practical place to put one anyway.

Naturally, my kids wanted them in separate "tanks", so for now, one is in a 1 GAL tank I use for drip acclimation, the other is in an even smaller container.:nono: Be surprised if they survive the night, much less the week as they've got to be stressed / diseased. Want to guess how many I saw in that nasty tank were swimming inverted?

Anyone care to guess how this is going to turn out? :banghead::facepalm::facepalm:

I'm so glad that offering animals as prizes isn't legal here.

If I were you when they weren't looking I would secretly put them with my barracudas and say they went on vacation. (The fate of some fish in my house)

I hate those. My brother and sister came home with around 50 of them in a little 2 gallon at most. Needless to say they all died by morning from lack of oxygen. I didn't know anything of fish back then but now that I know about fish for real i'm like "oh my god I wish I could have done something for them."

I am no fan of those games. My sister plays those games all the time and wins baby carp. She then expects me to care for them and she dumps them in my tank.

One down. My daughther's must have jumped out. ?Nowhere to be found ... That I was not expecting. Well... At east my son immediately offered her his goldfish so she's happy. For now it's PWC's which she'll help me with ... She wants it, she'll have to help maintain it in some way ... Even for a 5yr old. She's already asking me for gravel and decorations.

And BTW.. They have already been told that NO WAY are those diseased (I can see some fin rot) goldies going in my 75gal or RCS tank. Ugh ... The drama continues.

One down. My daughther's must have jumped out. ?Nowhere to be found ... That I was not expecting. Well... At east my son immediately offered her his goldfish so she's happy. For now it's PWC's which she'll help me with ... She wants it, she'll have to help maintain it in some way ... Even for a 5yr old. She's already asking me for gravel and decorations.

And BTW.. They have already been told that NO WAY are those diseased (I can see some fin rot) goldies going in my 75gal or RCS tank. Ugh ... The drama continues.

Very nice of your son to do that. At least some kindness came out of it.

Back
Top Bottom