kid's tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyfishyfishy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
yes, i know i ask too many questions- but everyone is so helpful here!

Anyway, my 10 year old sister wants a betta for christmas. She wanted just a little bowl for it, but i have convinced her (and mom) to go for a 5 gallon tank. I know this is small, but it is really the most that she has room for, and she's not quite ready to do water changes on a large tank, I don't think.

So I was thinking about getting her the betta and a few small bottom feeders or something to keep it company and make the tank a bit more enjoyable for her. How about a couple pygmy cories? Any other suggestions?

a five gallon tank is a good size for a betta, they like their water temp to be around 78 degrees, so she will need a heater and some sort of filtration as well. Betta dont NEED to have company, I would be reluctant to put any other fish in that small of a tank. The other fish would not be happy.

A 25w heater would be just fine in there, but otherwise that is a great deal. I think this is the absolute smallest tank that anyone should keep fish in, and it is really appropriate for a betta. That is a great price - much cheaper than the Eclipse 6gal.

Back
Top Bottom