Kill snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesse.R

Aquarium Advice Activist
So lately I've been noticing there's too many MTS in my 10 gallon tank and I want to get rid of some but not all. How do you get rid of snails?

Attachments

• image-614819635.jpg
    image-614819635.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 91
You could manually pick them out and crush them. If there are too many for that, try adding a piece of lettuce or blanched veggie (cucumber, zucchini) to the tank at night and by morning you may have a lot of snails attached to it so you can just remove it and throw it out with the snails. Assassin snails will eat other snails as well and help keep populations down.

So lately I've been noticing there's too many MTS in my 10 gallon tank and I want to get rid of some but not all. How do you get rid of snails?

I pick mine out and feed them to my turtles lol... they love it :)

Take a bottle, stick lettuce or zukkini in. Put the bottle in the water and go to bed. When you get up remove the bottle and all the snails that are in it

True. My pet store gave them to me for free. Too bad they didn't give apple snails away

Assassin snails are a definite MTS population control must have, from what I hear... I have never had any MTS- read too many horror stories, almost all ended with assassins....

Assassin snails are a definite MTS population control must have, from what I hear... I have never had any MTS- read too many horror stories, almost all ended with assassins....

I think baiting them is the best way to go. I've heard stories where people's assassin snail population got out of control. I don't need another problem. But my MTS are at a reasonable population so I'm just trying to maintain the numbers

I'm completely inexperienced in freshwater snails, other than nuisance snails, which I love feeding my puffer- does anyone know if they are as annoyed by heat or sensitive to nites like their saltwater counterparts?

I'm completely inexperienced in freshwater snails, other than nuisance snails, which I love feeding my puffer- does anyone know if they are as annoyed by heat or sensitive to nites like their saltwater counterparts?
The snails or puffer?
Can't add anything about the snails, but puffers- yes. That's exactly why they need a 50% PWC weekly.

I was asking about snails. I've got my little green spotted puff puff- I know how much work they are, lol. I am repairing and rebuilding his 40g breeder because he broke the seal, not once, not twice but 3 times in 3 different places over the past year!!

I've always wondered about puffers. I've seen some videos of them but do they actually inflate?

Back
Top Bottom