Killifish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
are evil. Honestly, they just are. I have this one, Gigantor, and I was actually amused at her boldness to bite me while I clean the tank or move plants. And it wasn't until today and the horrible event that it finally dawned upon me why all of my danios have no tails... they aren't just randomly being super aggressive towards each other...

So, impulse buy of a super cute African glass catfish (I know... a completely different continent, not even the same riverways or anything... such a horrible choice) and the intent of building up a school next week led to disaster today. Floated the bag and of course Gigantor is doing everything in her power to rip through through the bag like usual. After awhile, I released the little guy and was too busy cleaning to notice the off-set dynamics. Half an hour later, I discovered the most expensive meal Gigantor will ever get to eat...

I'm getting rid of her tomorrow. I'm not going to let her kill all of my purple passion danios. I hate the shop I bought them from and of course their pompous-elitist-knows nothing about fish shop is the only one that can order in more. So, buh-bye evil killifish. I hope an oscar gets you...

Disclaimer: I know that this is just nature acting out in the way that it should. I realise that killifish are aggressive and are known to take out fish half their size. I do not blame her, but I blame myself for being an idiot.

Gigantor...
View attachment 46091

Maybe that's why the prefix of their name is kill!! Lol I like killifish I didn't know they were like that!

Most killifish aren't aggressive at all. The bigger ones like golden wonders and blue gularis can be.

I have them and they are very very peaceful but will JUMP out of tanks and are know fir EATING ANYTHING SMALLER than them.

My aphyosemion australes were one of the most peaceful species I ever kept. I just hate that they are so short-lived.

Back
Top Bottom