Killifish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maxw47

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So the aca convention is going to be right by my house in a few weeks and there is a contest thing that I am totally taking advantage of. They are practically giving away ten gallon tanks. All you do is pay $10, decorate a ten gallon tank, an then you get a free tank with lights heater filter etc. The catch, you have to be 5-13 yrs old. Lucky for my, my little brother is going to enter for me and he doesn't want the tank. So all in all, I'm getting another 10 gallon. I have endlers and stuff like that, so I'm going to try something different with tho one. Killifish! My question is, can I keep one male and two females permanently in the tank? I'm almost positive ill go with fundulopanchax gardneri. Hope I spelt that right. I'd like to breed them, but I don't want to transfer them to different tanks, separate sexes, etc. So could I just stick a spawning mop or maybe a plant in there for a day or two, then move it to another tank and raise the fry? The tank is going to be full of plants, just how I like it. The killifish should be the only stock in there besides maybe some shrimp. Hopefully you guys can give me some advice on keeping these guys!

Back
Top Bottom