Killifish (or other fish) that will do well in hard water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laser

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 20 long setup with 3 shell dwellers of the Multifaciatus variety. I'm looking for other fish that could possibly coexist with them. The water is what I would consider to be quite on the hard side.

dGH 28
dKH 16
pH 8.6

I'm wondering if there are any Killifish that would do well in such a setup. I'm open to any suggestions.

Lamprichthys tanganicanus, but I don't know how they would fare in a tank that size.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If we don't get any good answers, I am going to the local meeting here soon and will check for you! I recently read it and know there is one which is good for harder water. Also Locally bred fish would likely be perfect for you, though breeding might be an issue.

You should check AKA - link below, for local clubs and make a point to go visit, I think they are free to visit, and then also they usually have auctions and awesome high quality fish. I know ours in Colorado has amazing breeders!

http://aka.org/affiliates/affiliates/

Friday eve. my friend is getting some Shellies from a breeder (regular Colorado Aquarium Society mtg) I will ask the member about other fish.

There is an online handbook too, and if you join they send you 3 different book/booklets!

American Killifish Association | The Oldest National Tropical Fish Organization in the World

Back
Top Bottom