Kingkoopas eheim 6gl shrimp tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Remember the composition of our breathable atmosphere it's not 100% oxygen and mainly contains co2 so normal airpump will supply enough co2 for the moderate level plants to thrive in, the more air flow= more avaible co2 along other gasses unless you have airpump with built in air filter like carbon media etc..
I have been breeding wild red cherries for year and half, I have to say I feed them once a month rest is up to my 6500k 5W cool white LED to grow algae which it does very well, my whole tank look like it has long hairy carpet on all side. (Am breeding in 15l plastic box.)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1462526131.130848.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1462526105.812889.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1462526119.003033.jpg

These are just few from the "easy caring plants section" and Java moss will be you starter, as its easy to get, cheap, grows hell fast, and provides shelter and enough food source for the shrimps

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have
250l tropical communal
60l tropical biorb life
15l elders breeding tank
15l breeding tank/ now quarantine
15l Wild cherries breeding plastic box
Breeding barrack
3 shelf by 4 bay on each shelf, each hold 5l (small spawning/hatching) bay and 60l sump

Awesome harry thx for all the info bud

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Thinking about a diy co2. Any recommendations?

Thinking about a diy co2. Any recommendations?

Google DIY CO2 Citric Acid. There are kits you can buy that include the necessary caps, tubing, valves, gauges. You just supply the bottles, citric acid, and other reactant (vinegar?). Much cleaner and less smelly than the yeast based DIY CO2 method. Plus you can turn it on and off.

Or have couple tea candles close to the air pump or even in nearly airtight space so that the pump suck in just the co2 from the burning candle

Lol never heard of that harry. Only getting blue dream shrimp. Black rose will have to wait til, the blue dreams reproduce enpugh to stock my main tank, that would mean haveing to get all the 30+ red, yellow an oramge shrimp out. Dont want xbreeding ? but that wont be for months maybe a year.

26fef63dbf5f4e972f48f24bd9e105b1.jpg

Turned in all my cories an peacock gudgen to lfs came out with 230 dollars store credit was like , what the hell! Your kidding and he wasnt. Tomorrow will be going back and getting some snow bee shrimp. All they had were neo an dont think there are any white neo shrimp.

$230 , wow! Did you pay that much when you got them?

Lol harry, if only it would be that simple. I remember they used to have slate bottom tanks and they had a candle below as a heater. Not kidding!

Lol yea $230 bucks was like no way. They prices are high. Also i did not pay that much on all the cories was like 80 with the fish i traded for credit. My good friend owns a fish store an he hooks me up discount discount prices ?

Bought a new eheim 25w heater to match with the whole eheim tank
Stock list
3 pygmy cories
3 snowball shrimp
3 rcs
2 black
1 red rili
Move the reds and rili to my tank
The snowballs an black shrimp wont xbreed.
Took the driftwood out releasing tannins an im lazy so.... Lol
Rearrange the rocks.
aefe232750b21f0643485ebd527a0624.jpg
b82632af3382b4c8ed85db09b83f7226.jpg

Looks nice but personally I would beef this up with more green. You would need to run co2 for that though.

My first shrimp tank started out like this. A few plants. The shrimp were easy to see.
Then it became an absolute jungle. There were too many hiding spaces and the shrimp were less visible. I ended up removing and selling the crypts (50+) and went with an all moss theme. But is is filling up as well. Thus, for me I find this layout refreshing.

Thx guys an fresh can wait til fills in. ?

Very nice! really like it :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails

Jus got my blue dream shrimp from a local breeder in san antonio. Took all the rcs, out the nano only left the snowballs an blue dreams . so no x breeding ?

One of my snowballs has eggs. Hopefully a good sign.

Back
Top Bottom