Kissing gourami help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Manny137

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I have a 60 gallon freshwater tank. I have 6 glofish tetras 2 blue dwarf gouramis and 2 kissing gouramis. As a rookie mistake I did not research kissing gouramis and took the advice of the employee at the fish store that they would be peaceful and great tank mates however I did research and found out that they can grow to be 12 inches long! And the bigger of the two is being a bully only to the other kisser though he has not bothered any other fish that I have noticed. The smaller kisser seems to be peaceful if I get rid of the larger one do you think he will become more aggressive towards my other fish? I would hate to have to return them but I feel like the constant chasing is going to stress my whole tank out! They are both only about 1.5 to 2 inches long right now any idea how fast they will grow? Thank you! And sorry I have so many questions

Mixing gouramis can be rough.
I am no fan of the dwarfs.Are you sure you have male and female? 2 males will leave you with 1 and possibly some illness from all the stress...IF the dwarfs don't just pass from DGI...
I like pearl gouramis,they are handsome and among the more peaceful of gouramis..

Kissing gouramis are not very peaceful. They can bully and also can nip fins. Pearl is the best choice. Very peaceful fish.

Back
Top Bottom