Kissing Gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had 2 kissing gouramis in my 46 gal community tank for 5 years. One of the kissers died yesterday. I have looked in my lfs and I see small kissers, but I never see ones the size of the kisser I have in my tank. Should I buy a smaller one for the tank? Will the bigger kisser fish be to agressive with the smaller one? If I buy the smaller one will it eventually catch up in size? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!
Jim

Could be possible that there is agression, but that's possible with every gourami. They are a very touch and go species, IME. Might not hurt to try it out, since you have a large tank. They will eventually get larger if you buy them small, yes. If they get to be too much of a problem, take them back.

HTH

I just wanted to let you know I bought a small kisser and put him in the tank with the bigger one. The little one follows the bigger one around. I don't see any sign of agression. They get along fine. I hope it stays that way.

Are you from nassau or suffolk county? Just asking to see if there are any good fish stores that I might not know about. I usually go to aquarium adventure in Carle Place. They have a good variety and they are all healthy fish.

Back
Top Bottom