Knifefish M.I.A

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lung Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, in my 45 i have a baby black ghost knife, but recently i haven't seen him, there is no body on the floor, no body in the tank, no nothing..., so i don't think he's dead. You guys have an idea of where he might be?

Look inside any hollow tube, crack or crevice. They like to hide and come out at night for feeding. Try doing a night search with a flashlight after normal lights out time on the tank. Wait about an hour or so to let the fish get prepared for it's nightly activities.

Hope this helps. (y)

this happened to my buddies black knife. it died and we think a mix of snails and his cories just mutilated it. He eventually found...... a piece of it.

Unfortunately, there is a possibility that it did die and is just decaying in the tank somewhere. Keep a close watch on your ammonia levels and if you see a slight rise, it's most likely from the fish decomposing. :(

Dogs,cats, you name it, but, they are outside pets, the only other inside pets are crabs, frogs, and a hamster. I did find a mystery carcass shaped like my glass catfish (still alive) but it didnt have the knifefish tail. But, the carcass had been mutilated, almost like something a knifefish did... i don't think that that my knifefish is dead, far from it... very far...

Hmm, now that sounds like a ploy to a aquarium related horror story

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom