Koi....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Freak

Aquarium Advice Freak
I don't know where I should post this but they are freshwater fish and I need a fast answer...My grandma just got back and she got two koi with her. they are small like maybe 2" max. I need to house them somewhere until Sunday and I have two options. Option one is in the 33g OVERSTOCKED Goldfish tank with 5 full grown goldfish in it (just commets) but Iam scared they will get eaten by the goldies. Option 2 is in a tub but it has no filteration or water aeration...Are they labrynith breathers and would they be ok till Sunday? I need answers quick cuz they are in a bag right now lol.
TIA!

if you put them ion a tub, make sure you have something to more the water. Koi also require cleaner water as a general rule than goldfish, but the real question is where are they going after quarantine? they need a good deal of room

Ok Im going to buy and aerarotar right now. They will be going to the 90g then the pond this summer and it is deep enough to over winter them in but i can't go break up the ice right now and disturb the koi in there already. So an airstone is ABSOLUTELY NECESSRY or will the be ok till Sunday with lots of water changes?

I would def. add an airstone if they are going to be in a bucket all weekend.

PetSmart or PetCo has 10-gallon tanks for $10 or so. I don't know if you have one near your. PetSmart will price match their online prices if you want to grab a filter for $10 too.

so long as they have surface agitation, and you change probably about 1 gal of the water every day, they will be ok like that til sunday.

if it is just until sunday, i'd get a cheapo net breeder, hang it in the goldie tank and let them hang out there. Safe from the other fish, tank is already cycled.

Back
Top Bottom