Krib question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
Are they okay to get solo in a community tank. My LFS guy told me a solo krib will not show their colors since no opposite sex would be around to show of to.
Thinking of one of I can't find a blue ram

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What size tank and what would the tank mates be?

30 gallon

Main mates would be à juvie angle, dwarf gourami, mollies, and platies

Personally I wouldn't add anything else with your current stock. Jmho :)

Yes it is true mine was like that and ones I put 2 more in it brightened up

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I'm not sure on the stocking but from what I've read once you have kribs that are paired up they're not very peaceful in community environments.

That's true but barbs and other fast moving fish can handle the aggression

A solo krib is okay, at least it was for me. I had my female for about two years until she got pop eye and died. She got along with everyone, and I have lots of different kinds of fish. She was very colorful, and she had no mate. She was really cool. This was in a 55 gallon though. A 30 gallon is too small for a krib, in my opinion. They are quite active and need room. And you shouldn't have the angel in a 30 gallon. as it's MUCH too small. Have you seen how big mature angels get? A 30 gallon would make an angel very cramped, even with NO tank mates.

Single fish rarely do well alone and that goes double for kris as they are very shy.

Sent from my iPod touch
using Aquarium Advice
Rlederer

They do fine alone mine is more aggressive with the others that I just put in

A solo krib is okay, at least it was for me. I had my female for about two years until she got pop eye and died. She got along with everyone, and I have lots of different kinds of fish. She was very colorful, and she had no mate. She was really cool. This was in a 55 gallon though. A 30 gallon is too small for a krib, in my opinion. They are quite active and need room. And you shouldn't have the angel in a 30 gallon. as it's MUCH too small. Have you seen how big mature angels get? A 30 gallon would make an angel very cramped, even with NO tank mates.

We plan on upgrading the tank or swapping the angel when he's too big..... :(
To bad he has some awesome silver and blue in him

My Krib was NOT shy. She was one of the most active, interesting fish I had. She was out all the time, never hiding. But, respectfully, she could have been an exception to the rule.

They don't need groups that is false info

Back
Top Bottom