Kribensis Cichlids breed by "accident"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paul1792

Aquarium Advice Freak
In my 29 gallon community tank (see profile) I noticed all these "little bugs" ..... and thought ..... how did I get these parasities ???? NO ... baby Kribensis. Not sure where they put the eggs to avoid losing them to gravel vacuum ...... driftwood or fake plants?

Pic of proud parents and offspring:

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Paul1792's Album: Paul1792's 29 gallon - Picture

(pic loses quality upon file transfer but you can still see babies)

I had no clue they were so super easy to breed:

Parents were very protective of young. Unfortunately, babies were all eaten by other tank mates within 48 hours.

This is the first time I've ever had egg layer babies .... others might be interested if looking for easy fish to breed.

kribs lay their eggs on the roof of a cave, in this case DW. they will breed again in about a month or so. so you will get plenty of chances to raise the fry! :)

happy 900th post to me

Awesome! All you have to do is add water and fish and there you have it! Babies! :)

Kribs are very very very easy to breed and the babies grow fast :). I had three pairs and the ones in my 10 gallon had 200 babies each spawn. I had a 90 gallon grow out tank for all the fry and I sold them to the LFS. Around me I can not wait to have a bigger tank again. I definably getting another pair I love to watch them raise the fry until they are 3 weeks old. Than I took them so they could raise more babies.

That was no accident, Kribs are like teenage boys, breeding is what they do!

Back
Top Bottom