Kribensis questions and stories!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am very interested in getting a single kribensis for my 30 gallon and have had mixed reviews on them. So I have a couple questions and would like to here of any bad experiences with Kribs. I am only getting 1 for my tank; I don't want a pair. My current stock is:
9 harlequin rasboras
1 bn pleco
5 panda cories
1 pearl gourami

Would a single krib be ok with this stock???

Should I get a female or a male krib???

Over the years I've found single kribs to be much less aggressive. Pairs can be quite aggressive. Personally I find single females to be pretty laid back in community tanks BUT you will get a different answer from everyone depending on their experience. A lot just depends on the temperament of the individual fish.

It comes down to the individual fish. I have a pair and they are pretty laid back, even when they have eggs. I'm not going to tell you they are docile. But mine aren't overly aggressive.

It comes down to the individual fish. I have a pair and they are pretty laid back, even when they have eggs. I'm not going to tell you they are docile. But mine aren't overly aggressive.

If I get a juvenile do you think it betters my chances of it being docile???

IMO mostly yes BUT again it depends on the temperament of the fish.

If i do have problems. What problems are most likely to occur??? I just want to be as prepared as possible!!!

Back
Top Bottom