Kribs acting strange, Breeding???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stix_oz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought a pair of Kribs today, 1 male, 1 female who have both settled in to my 70G community tank quiet well, the male has found a nice little cave and goes for little peaceful explorations around the tank.

The female has a glowing pink fat belly and won't leave the male alone. She keeps going in his cave and when he sees her in there she quickly leaves and he has little nips at her belly.

She keeps floating past his cave entrance with her body bent almost at a 90 degreee angle if the make comes close she shakes madly (Maybe trying to stimulate the male) but he just pushes her away.

They have not been in the tank very long but i can't quiet figure out whats going on. Is he not accepting here? is this normal courtship?

She follows him around the tank everywhere and when she looses him she goes and ducks in to his cave for a bit but quickly darts out if he comes back. He doesn't seem interested in her at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Stix

Sounds like she's interested in breeding but he isn't. I've seen the same thing in apistos, and rams did it as well.

Well he seems to tolerate her a bit more today so i guess i will just wait and see how they settle in.

Back
Top Bottom