Kribs and tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cilantro

Aquarium Advice Freak
Are they aggressive because I moved back to my parents house and my nephew had krib in a very small tank so put him in my community tank with two cherry barbs and 2 endlers livebearer 1 betta and one eyespot rasbora

I actually tried a single male krib in my community tank and he was more aggressive than the GBR I had in their before him. He seemed fine with the tetras and danios at first, then one day he wouldnt let any other fish hang near that bottom. As a result, he disrupted the balance of the tank and my zebra danios became fin nippers to the cardinal tetra.. I called the LFS where I bought the krib and they let me exchange him for another Ram.. After that switch, my tank became peaceful again and the danios stopped nipping.. Interesting shift of behaviors when there's a bully present or removed.

I had a krib in my community tank, had to take it back to lfs it harassed & nipped a lot of my fish especially my cories.

I had a Krib in my 30 gallon along with 7 or so zebra danios and 7 or so neon. It kept to it self and carved out a spot in the tank and guarded it but not to the point where the others were in danger. It would just pop out make its presence know so the "intruder" think twice.

I have a male krib in my community tank with 10 tiger barbs and 5 kuhlis. He's fine until feeding time, at which he becomes a monster and won't let the barbs to the bottom of the tank. Surprisingly he eats with my kuhlis no problem. But I've never had any problems. I just took the pic with him and the barbs swimming together just now.

Attachments

• image-1837798788.jpg
    image-1837798788.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 88
  • image-848998538.jpg
    image-848998538.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 86
I have one in my tank and he's fine . He has his own little territory and will chase anyone away. But he's pretty and good!!

Back
Top Bottom